Reed, Carol - Third Man (Studio Canal Collection) (Uk Import)
Releasedatum: 13 september 2010
The Third Man is a British cinematic masterpiece from director Carol Reed, author Graham Greene and starring Joseph Cotton, Alida Valli and Orson Welles. An undisputed all-time classic, the film features some of cinema’s most memorable set pieces: the chase through the sewers, the enormous Ferris wheel, the elm-lined cemetery and Anton Karas’ zither score, a worldwide phenomenon in itself.
- Shadowing the Third Man
- The Third Man on the Radio
- Audio commentary with Guy Hamilton (Assistant Director), Simon Callow and Angela Allen (2nd Unit Continuity)
- Guardian NFT Interview with Joseph Cotton (Audio only)
- Guardian NFT Interview with Graham Greene (Audio only)
- Joseph Cotton's Alternate Opening Voiceover Narration
- Original Trailer 1
- Original Trailer 2
- Stills Gallery
- The Third Man Interactive Vienna Tour
- Interview and zither performance by Cornelia Mayer
This classic noir mystery, from the team of Carol Reed and Graham Greene, is generally considered to be the best filmwork of both of these estimable talents. THE THIRD MAN features Joseph Cotten as Holly Martins, a pulp novelist who has come to post-WWII Vienna with the promise of work from his friend, Harry Lime (Orson Welles). When he finds that Lime has just been killed in a questionable car accident, he decides to remain in the city to investigate his friend's demise.
Classics Tip Archief